If a guy somewhere in Asia makes a blog and no one reads it, does it really exist?

Wednesday, June 9

Appeal Time

My job requires that I translate poorly written or really stupid Japanese into English. Naturally, really stupid Japanese translates into really stupid English--unless you pour in a bit of your own special sauce, that is. I can't go overboard, of course, but I sometimes wonder if anyone would even notice if I did. Which brings me to....

English translations I was this close to doing. (Vol. 1)

豪華な景品が当たる抽選会や参加者のアピールタイムなどで会は盛り上がりました。

The event then reached a fever pitch, as a drawing for breathtaking prizes and a highly suggestive "Appeal-Time" whipped the participants into a bacchanalian frenzy.

This makes the Alumni Association's welcome reception sound much more exciting than it really was, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home