If a guy somewhere in Asia makes a blog and no one reads it, does it really exist?

Friday, October 29

Curious George


I always suspected... (click the pic)

There was a good discussion on Larry King Live the other day about the separation of church and state. The guests included several reverends, Catholic priests and evangelical ministers. One guy said something along the lines of, "I believe that we must separate religion from politics, but I also believe that we cannot separate God from politics," to which Larry said, "But then why do you think our Founding Fathers explicitly left the word 'God' out of the Constitution?" The response was something like, "I'm not concerned with what the Founding Fathers intended, but I am concerned with what God intends."

Religious dogma is truly frightening. If political leaders start invoking the name of God to circumvent or alter the very foundation of the American government, we're in big trouble.

There were some other interesting things said. For example, did you know that when Kennedy was campaigning for the presidency, he specifically urged religious leaders not to endorse a candidate? Sometimes I feel like America's going backwards. Pretty soon, we'll be burning witches at the stake again.

"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation." Dubya, 11/19/02

Hold on, isn't this what dictators believe? Oh wait, Dubya's different. He's got God on his side.



(Click the crucifix)

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." Dubya, 7/9/04
"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear." Dubya, 3/3/04

An interview with God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home