Why Canada rulz
Reasons to move to Canada, as cited by www.canadianalternative.com:
1. Canada has universal public health care.
2. Canada has no troops in Iraq.
3. Canada signed the Kyoto Protocol environmental treaty.
4. More than half of Canada's provinces allow same-sex marriage.
5. The Canadian Senate recommends legalizing marijuana.
6. Canada has no law restricting abortion.
7. Canada has strict gun laws and relatively little violence.
8. The United Nations has ranked Canada the best country to live in for eight consecutive years.
9. Canada abolished the death penalty in 1976.
10. Canada has not run a federal deficit since 1996-97.
Unfortunately, there's one terrible thing about Canada that simply overrides all of these positives: it's cold up there! I'd rather live in hot and humid Haiti than suffer through those cold winters with six hours of daylight.
Question to Aussies: which of the 10 reasons above would also hold true for Australia?