If a guy somewhere in Asia makes a blog and no one reads it, does it really exist?

Thursday, December 9

East Asian half-breed nomad boy

I handed in my resignation on Monday. My last day on the job is December 31. I'm back at my dank and dusty base school again today, two days after I notified them of my resignation, and my "contact teacher" hasn't spoken a word to me. Granted, she never does, but I'm starting to wonder if she forgot to send my resignation to my supervisor at the Board of Education. Or maybe she just doesn't care. I'll just kind of silently disappear from my desk and see if anyone notices.

I've applied for a teaching position at Brighten College in Fukuoka, Japan (yes, I thought it was a misspelling too). It's located in downtown Tenjin, the central district of the city. With only 200 students, it's by no means a big school, but I think that's a good thing; it'll have a more friendly atmosphere and I'll have more diverse duties to perform. In addition to twelve class hours a week, I'd have a variety of other jobs that deal with curriculum planning and recruitment.

So, just four months after I arrived in the Land of the Morning Calm, I'm packing up my home in the Land of Glorious Natural Vistas (Jecheon), loading up the horses and heading back to the Land of the Rising Sun. I sometimes feel like a nomad.

Speaking of nomads... People of China, hide your daughters! It's Hurd!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

8:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home